The Volvo Rents store in St. Louis, MO was recently awarded the Service Provider/Supplier of the Year award from the American Subcontractors Association (ASA) Midwest Council.
Four categories of awards were recognized during the association’s 20th Anniversary Awards Gala which was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in St. Louis. The award categories were Service Provider/Supplier of the Year, General Contractor of the Year, Outstanding MEP Subcontractor and Outstanding Specialty Subcontractor.
“I am very proud of our Midwest operations,” said Matt Tavianini, vice president of sales and marketing of Volvo Rents. “This prestigious award is a true representation of how we are viewed in the industry by those we serve.”
The ASA Service Provider/Supplier of the Year Award is based on several criteria, including:
- Pricing consistency: Supplier delivers fair consistent pricing
- Equitable contract/purchase order provisions: Supplier provides mutually fair and equitable contracts
- Accessibility: Supplier maintains avenues of communication in-peak and off-peak hours
- Timeliness of service/delivery: Supplier meets scheduled delivery and service deadlines rectifying unforeseen delays quickly
- Customer relations: Supplier maintains communication in both positive and negative situations
- Administrative procedures: Supplier’s procedures, documents and policies are in line with the subcontracting industry
“It is an important award to suppliers because it is voted on by the ASA Subcontractor members who are the customers of numerous suppliers in the construction industry,” said ASA President Walter Bazan. “Out of all of those, they chose Volvo Rents based upon quality service, quality rental equipment and the expertise of their sales staff.”
ASA award winners are determined by members who nominate and cast votes in the various award categories. Members of the ASA Midwest Council include specialty contractors and suppliers serving the construction industry and the community in the greater St. Louis metropolitan area and southern Illinois.
“This award is difficult to attain,” said Joe Alonzo, Volvo Rents’ Midwest Division sales manager. “We make a point of showing our customers that Volvo Rents works for them. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service. So to be recognized for living up to our word is quite an honor.”
Dan Martino, Midwest Division manager for Volvo Rents added, “This award has special significance for us. It lets us know how we are viewed by our customers. I am especially proud of the Volvo Rents team members who work with our customers – either on the front lines, or behind the scenes – to ensure that the customer rental experience at Volvo Rents is unparalleled This is a feather in our cap under our new family -- Volvo Rents.”