Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is selling more than 1,600 heavy equipment items as part of a complete dispersal for The Niagara Tunnel Project - a hydro-electric tunnel project in Niagara Falls, Ontario, that will provide renewable power to the region for the next 100 years. Equipment being sold in the June 17 and 18 unreserved public auction in Niagara Falls includes more than 40 mobile structures (office trailers, portable camps and more) 80 truck tractors, a multitude of pumps and much more. All equipment items will be sold unreserved to the highest bidders with no minimum bids or reserve prices. Bidders can bid in person at the auction site, online or by proxy.
"The equipment featured at the upcoming Niagara auction was mainly used for tunnel excavation, lining, concrete pumping and waterproofing," said Oskar Roittner, principal of the Tunnelling Division of STRABAG SE. "All of our equipment was maintained by certified mechanics on our on-site workshop."
"The auction features a wide selection of equipment from the heavy earthmoving, construction, mining and concrete industries - there is something for everyone," said Anna Sgro, senior vice president, sales, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "We encourage interested bidders to come visit us at the Niagara Falls auction location to inspect and test the equipment starting on June 14 as everything will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price, on June 17 and 18."
Niagara Falls, ON auction - equipment highlights:
Almost every item used in the construction of the Niagara Tunnel Project will be sold at the June 17-18 unreserved public auction. The only items not being sold at the auction are the Tunnel Boring Machine and approximately 10 kilometers of conveyor belts.
- Four 2011 Nisbau batch plants
- A 2008 Normet NSB900 spray boom
- A 2007 Terex RT780 80-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain crane
- A large selection of 2009 Comeva MOB 680 mixers
- And much more
Niagara Falls, ON auction details:
- Auction location: 2520 Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4
- Site phone: 800-357-0659
- Date and time: Monday & Tuesday, June 17 & 18, 2013 — auction begins at 8:00 am (Eastern Time) each day
- Equipment inspection: Begins on Friday, June 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily
- Auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time online bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
The construction of the Niagara Tunnel Project was a joint venture between the Ontario Power Generation (OPG) and STRABAG SE, one of Europe's leading construction groups. OPG contracted STRABAG SE to construct a tunnel starting under the city of Niagara Falls and running towards the Sir Adam Beck generating complex starting in 2005. The tunnel was officially opened on March 21, 2013.
Niagara Tunnel Project quick facts