The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) – a non-profit international organization that serves to expand and improve the use of tilt-up as the preferred building system – has elected three new board members for the 2014 year.
The new board members were announced at the TCA’s annual meeting, which took place at the 2014 World of Concrete in January.
Elected to three-year terms on the Board for the first time are:
- Tim Manherz: Operations Manager, TAS Commercial Concrete (Houston, Texas)
- Luke Eliot: General Manager, BD Stevens Limited (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Mark Reed: President, E.E. Reed Construction (Houston, Texas)
“These new members bring extensive industry experience to the table and are well-respected leaders in their markets,” said Mitch Bloomquist, Managing Director for the TCA.
Kimberly Corwin of A.H. Harris & Sons (Newington, Conn.) will continue to serve as president of the TCA Board of Directors. Corwin has more than 20 years of experience in the concrete construction industry and is currently the president and chief operating officer of A.H. Harris. She has promoted the growth of tilt-up construction in the northeast region through numerous educational events and A/E presentations.
Other officers serving the Board for 2014 are:
- President-elect: Shane Miller, President of DIVCON, Inc. (Spokane Valley, Wash.)
- Secretary: James Williams, P.E., C.E., S.E., AIA of ae urbia and J.M. Williams and Associates, Inc. (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Treasurer: Andrew S. McPherson, President of Seretta Construction (Apopka, Fla.)
Those continuing service on the Board are:
- Tom Stecker of Thermomass (Boone, Iowa)
- Barclay Gebel of Concrete Strategies, LLC (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Jeffrey Brown, AIA, of Powers Brown Architecture (Houston, Texas)
- Frank Adames of Contratistas Civiles y Mecanicos (CCM) (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
- Mike Denson of Innovative Brick Systems, LLC (Broomfield, Colo.)
- Mark Johnson, P.E., S.E.C.B of Johnson Structural Group (Boca Raton, Fla.)
- Scott Collins, P.E. of Meadow Burke (Sacramento, Calif.)
- Matthew Bell, P.E. of LJB, Inc., Facilities Division (Dayton, Ohio)
“I feel we have an incredibly strong and diverse set of voices guiding this association and look forward to a continued expansion of our organization’s impact in the industry,” said Bloomquist.
For more information, visit http://www.tilt-up.org/board/.