According to federal law, marijuana is an illegal drug, yet 20 states and the District of Columbia have decriminalized its use for medicinal purposes, and both Washington and Colorado have decriminalized it for recreational use. This trend is sure to spread throughout the country. Attend this webinar to gain a better understanding of how such laws affect your company’s HR policies and practices.
Contractors' Strategies for Dealing with Legal Pot Use
Get answers to pressing questions like:
- Are employers required to accommodate the use, possession or sale of marijuana on the jobsite in these states?
- What changes, if any, should companies make to their drug testing policies?
- What legal rights do employers have to sanction employees who use marijuana off-the-clock?
- How can federal construction contractors comply with federal drug-free workplace laws without running afoul of state law?
- What are the safety implications, and how can employers protect workers on the jobsite?
Join Colorado labor and employment attorney Glenn Schlabs as he helps contractors avoid the legal pitfalls of compliance and Shannon Rowley, HR executive for AGC member-company MWH Global, as she shares best practices for policy implementation and communicating with employees.
When: March 20. 2014
2:00-3:00 p.m. EST