Candidates for the American Rental Association (ARA) board elections have been selected. Ballots will be mailed to the designated voting representatives of all ARA members in mid July for return by Sept. 3 — so now is the time to start becoming acquainted with the candidates.
The following candidates will vie for seats on the ARA board of directors. General members will vote for the president-elect, directors for their regions and associate member director. Associate members will vote for the associate member director. Those elected will begin their terms in February 2015, at the conclusion of The Rental Show 2015 in New Orleans. The candidates are:
- Mark Gilbertson, current General Tool & Equipment SIG chairman, owner/president, Fargo Rentall, Fargo, N.D.
- Roger Vajgrt, current Region Six director, owner/president, Home Rental Center & Sales Co., Marshalltown, Iowa
Region Six director:
- Michelle Evans, owner/president, Evans Equipment Co., Glenwood, Iowa
- Rachel O’Brien, president/co-owner, J&F Reddy Rents, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Region Seven director:
- Mark Clawson, president/CEO, Diamond Rental, Salt Lake City
- Doug Click, managing member, Arizona Hi-Lift, Phoenix
Region Eight director:
- Bob Checca, president, Allwest Underground, Pacific, Wash.
- Greg Nelson, general manager, Brown Rental, Boise, Idaho
Region 10 director:
- James Morden, owner/president, Rentshop, Alliston, Ontario, Canada
- The candidate for Region 10 director is running unopposed
Associate Member Director:
- Jody Kerr, national sales manager, BlueBird–Husqvarna, Charlotte, N.C.
- Ted Viars Sr., rental sales manager, The Toro Co., Kennesaw, Ga.