Makita U.S.A. has launched a new mobile app with a dashboard of options that includes tool registration, dealer locator, information on new tool releases, and more.
The app is the latest in Makita's drive to provide more valuable and interactive content to both tool users and dealers.
"Contractors need fast access to content that tells them the very latest from Makita, as well as where to buy, which tools they've registered, and where to find a service center," says Brent Withey, director of marketing, Makita USA. "The Makita Mobile App does all of this, and more."
Among the key features:
- New Tools: The very latest on new releases
- Shop: Find a local or online Makita dealer
- Registration: Log-in to register a warranty, or check for previously registered tools
- Service: Find a local Makita Factory Service Center or Authorized Service Center
- Feature Window: Constant updates on Makita promotions, new technologies, sponsored teams and athletes, and more
An additional feature is a calculator that shows the projected savings when using MM4, the world's first 4-stroke engine power cutter. After entering the number of power cutters used and the estimated hours of usage, the MM4 calculator displays the projected savings when switching from 2-stroke to Makita 4-stroke engine technology.
"The MM4 calculator on the Makita website has been drawing traffic from both contractors and dealers, so it was a natural to include it on the mobile app," said Withey. "The calculator can be a big decision-driver for contractors doing their research before making a purchase. It has also been an effective sales tool for dealers at the point of sale."
The Makita Mobile App also features a QR Code Scanner, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) organized by tool category, and links to Makita social media channels.