The Super 1800-2 SprayJet paver from Vögele America Inc. is designed for pavement preservation surfacings like NovaChip Ultrathin bonded wearing courses.
- Permits spraying of a tack coat and asphalt paving to take place in one pass, promoting optimum bonding between layers, keeping the jobsite clean, and eliminating the tack coat truck from the paving train
- Paver also can be used for conventional paving when the SprayJet module is removed
- Without the SprayJet module the Super 1800-2 can pave up to 32 feet 10 inches wide, with a laydown rate of up to 72 tons per hour and forward speed of up to 79 fpm
- Five precisely adjustable spray bars with a total of 20 self-sealing spray nozzles are located at the front, sides and behind the crawler tracks, and are supplied with emulsion from a large, heated tank with a capacity of over 528 gallons
- SprayJet module incorporates a high-precision control system which lets it spread emulsion in small volumes at slow pave speeds
- AB 500-2 Extending Screed permits paving widths of up to 16.4 feet wide