UPDATED: April 19, 2012
Caterpillar says the new version of the 150-hp Cat C6.6-liter ACERT diesel engine in it's venerable D6N track-type tractor gets improved fuel efficiency while satisfying U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim, European Union Stage IIIB and Japan MLIT Step 4 emissions standards. The proven Cat Clean Emission Module incorporates a diesel oxidation catalyst, a diesel particulate filter and the Cat Regeneration System, and functions automatically without interrupting the machine’s working cycle.
A new Auto Engine Idle Shutdown timer, an Auto Engine Speed Control and on-demand viscous clutch for the cooling fan contribute to improved D6N fuel savings. And Eco Modes can be activated in Forward or Forward/Reverse settings, offering potential to substantially reduce fuel use even further.
- Auto Shift/Auto Kick-Down function can pre-select forward and reverse speeds
- Electro-hydraulic controls speed steering response and offer precise control
- Assembled Grade Control ready with wiring harness for easy dealer AccuGrade installation
- Comes with Cat Product Link for remote monitoring of tractor condition
- New C-frame and blade design offers easier pitch adjustment
- Powershift transmission with five speed ranges
- Choice of Cat Sealed-and-Lubricated Track (SALT) or SystemOne undercarriage