The D7E track-type tractor utilizes a 235-hp Cat C9 engine to drive a generator that produces electricity to power two AC electric drive motors, which are connected to a differential steering system.
- Variable-speed electric motors serve the function of a continuously variable transmission
- 60% fewer moving parts in the drivetrain
- Delivers 25% more material moved per gal. of fuel, 10% greater productivity and 10% lower lifetime operating costs over the D7R Series II
- Center post cab provides more all-around visibility and wider sight lines to the blade
- Single larger blade lift cylinder provides the same power and stability with less than half the parts