The Troxler NTO (New Technology Oven) measures the asphalt content of asphalt mixtures using the ignition method.
- Uses infrared heat to ignite the asphalt sample in order to burn the petroleum based binder material, leaving just the aggregate
- Heat energy is directly transferred to the sample by exciting the molecules in the asphalt mixture without heating the surrounding air in the chamber, resulting in a shortened warm-up time for the NTO, increased energy savings and lower emissions
- Built-in scales automatically measure mass loss and percent loss
- Internal printer provides a constant record of test data
- Stores up to 300 test results and correction factors
- No filters or after-burners
- Meets or exceeds ASTM D6307-98, Standard Test Method for Asphalt Content of Hot-mix Asphalt by Ignition Method and AASHTO T-308-01, Standard Method of Test for Determining the Asphalt Binder Content of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) by the Ignition Method