Compaction is achieved by the application of a vertical stress to a known mass of asphaltic mixture within a 100 or 150mm internal mould.
- Longitudinal axis of the mould is rotated (gyrated) at a fixed angle to the vertical while the platens are kept parallel and horizonta
- During compaction, the height of the sample is automatically measured and both the mixture density and void content calculated
- Compaction progresses and it is also saved in Microsoft Excel compatible format
- Operator can choose whether to compact for a certain number of gyrations or until a target mixture density or void content is achieved
- No lifting of filled moulds is required — they are automatically lowered into position for compaction and then lifted up again for transfer to the integrated demoulding system