As the conventional tailswing counterpart to the zero tailswing E50, Bobcat's 12,000-lb. E55 mini-excavator weighs about 600 lbs. more, a difference found almost entirely in the counterweight. The E55 reflects the E50 throughout its power train, but the upper section is moved rearward on the carbody. This pushes the counterweight about 13.4 in. beyond the edge of the tracks when rotating the house, giving the E55 improved lifting and digging stability when working to the machine's sides.
Like the E50, the E55 is 77.2 in. wide, and is powered by a 48.8-hp turbocharged Kubota diesel. A TOPS/ROPS-certified cab, including full climate control (HVAC), is standard.
An extendable arm option provides an additional 30 in. of reach when fully extended. When retracted, it delivers similar arm force (tear-out force) as a standard arm. The hydraulically telescoping arm also allows use of a hydraulic clamp and optional Hydraulic X-Change attachment mounting system.
- Fingertip controls for boom swing and auxiliary hydraulics
- Auto Idle returns the engine to idle if functions are not used for four seconds
- Load-sensing piston pump in a closed-center hydraulic circuit
- 9,442 ft.-lbs. of bucket breakout force
- Cushioned hydraulic cylinders
- Options include hydraulic angle blade, second auxiliary hydraulics, hydraulic clamp and keyless start