Caterpillar replaced its 336D crawler excavator with a 336E packed with 12% more engine horsepower and increased implement hydraulic flow for a boost in digging and lifting performance. The bigger engine is 2% more fuel efficient than the D machine's smaller diesel, and improved hydraulics raise the 336E's efficiency per yard of material moved by 6%.
- Meet Stage IIB and Tier 4 Interim emissions standards as well as ISO requirements for visibility
- C9 engine with net power rating of 317 hp
- Engine features advanced electronic control, precise fuel delivery and refined air management
- Hydraulic main-control valve and integrated electric regeneration valve in boom circuit contribute to fuel saving
- Cat AccuGrade Ready for installation of 2-D and 3-D grade-control systems