John Deere XUV 550 S4 utility vehicle
John Deere XUV 550 S4 utility vehicle seats four.
The Deere XUV 550 S4 is a 1,455-lb. mid-class utility vehicle that fits in the bed of a pickup truck.
John Deere XUV 550 S4 Gator utility vehicle
John Deere XUV 550 utility vehicle is the 1,220-lb. two-seat version of the XUV 550 S4.
John Deere XUV 550 Gator utility vehicle
The 2012 mid-duty XUV 550s include Deere's lowest-priced four-wheel-drive Gator and the first four-passenger Gator. The rear seats of the XUV 550 S4 fold down to a storage rack separated from the cargo box. The 550 models fit in the bed of a standard pickup, and either model can carry up to 400 lbs. in the cargo box. The two-seat XUV 550 weighs 1,220 lbs. and the S4 weighs 1,455 lbs.
- 16-hp, 570-cc Briggs-Diahatsu Vanguard carbureted V-twin engine
- 0 to 15 mph acceleration in 3.2 sec.; 28-mph top speed
- Two-range continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Independent, double-wishbone suspension
- 9 ins. of wheel travel and up to 10.5 ins. of ground clearance
- 1.82 cu.ft. sealed storage volume in-dash and under hood
- Lever-engaged 4WD system
- Four-wheel hydraulic disk braking with stainless steel rotors
More like this: Utility Vehicles
See the S4 rear seat fold and use of the storage rack less than 1 minute into this Deere video