HySSIL Pty Ltd has launched a range of lightweight geopolymer building products made from fly ash waste from coal-fired power stations with significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and embodied energy ratings.
The world-leading technology on which the products are based was developed by Australia’s leading industrial research organisation the government-owned CSIRO, which is a founding shareholder in HySSIL.
HySSIL geopolymer panels and roof tiles reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60-70% when compared with conventional products.
Other benefits include:
- - Eligibility for carbon credits in both developed and developing countries
- - Lighter and stronger than conventional panels and tiles
- - Superior fire and chemical resistance
- - Improved thermal performance
- - Manufactured on conventional equipment