Easy to use, robust test apparatus to obtain consistent and repeatable results day after day. Complies with industry standards EN 12272-3and NF P98-274-1.
Vialit Plate Adhesion Tester CRT-VPAT is used to evaluate binder aggregate adhesivity by vialit plate shock test method. This method is an indicator of aggregate retention for chippings. The adhesion between binder and chippings form the basis of successful surface dressing. Asphalt emulsion or hot binder is applied to stainless steel plates and aggregates are embedded in the binder using hand operational rubber wheel roller, which is fitted with bearings to ensure consistent, smooth rolling action. The prepared test plate is turned over and placed on three pointed support rods. Stainless steel ball is made to fall from an 'angled slide' three times within 10 seconds period onto the inverted test plates.
The results are recorded as percent aggregate retention.
- Robust and high quality hardware
- Fitted with inbuilt spirit level to allow easy alignment of base plate
- Supplied with high quality stainless steel test plates
- Stainless steel ball made according to European standard
- Fitted with 'angled slide' with inclination of (3.0° ± 0.5°) for consistent ball launch
- Easy to use, hand operational rubber roller fitted with bearings to ensure consistent, smooth rolling action
- Can be supplied with traceable calibration certificate