John Deere developed the Integrated Emissions Control system, an optimized aftertreatment solution, to meet Tier 4 Final regulations in certain power categories.
- Paired with the Interim Tier 4 engine platform with cooled exhaust gas recirculation
- Typically consists of a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter
(DPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system
- Allows engines to utilize less diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)
- Monitored and controlled by proprietary electronics within the engine control unit
- Engines will operate efficiently with traditional ultra low-sulfur diesel and biodiesel 5% to 20% (B5-B20) blends