A suite of powerful control technologies is offered on the new W 200, W 210, W 220 and W 250 cold mills. These include:
- Parallel-to-Surface (PTS) technology, which automatically keeps the cutter housing level as the cold mill moves into a cut, accelerating production
- “Smart” WIDRIVE technology, which offers new microprocessor-controlled enhancements to machine control systems, tying all main functions to a single source to manage fuel costs, tooth costs and other variables
- Intelligent Speed Control system, which incorporates an electronic flow divider that makes the four tracks work in harmony when turning a radius. Skipping and notching are eliminated, track wear is minimized, and the machine operates smoother
- Level Pro, Wirtgen’s existing automatic leveling system, which is highly user-friendly, and regulates the pre-set milling depth and actual readout electronically
- Wirtgen’s new 3DS Flexible Application Drum Speed system, which will automatically slow drum speeds in deep cuts, saving on fuel consumption and tooth wear
- Wirtgen’s optional Vacuum Cutting System, which will remove dust, fines and smoke from the cutter chamber and extract it out the conveyor, keeping the machine cleaner and prolonging component life.