Caterpillar cold planer
Cutter drums in Caterpillar cold planers are powered by variable-speed, radial-piston hydraulic motors mounted directly to the drum.
Photo credit: Caterpillar Inc.
The high-performance cold planers, models PC408B and PC412B, are designed specifically for use with Cat 272D XHP Skid-Steer Loaders and 299D XHP Compact Track Loaders.
- Maximum cutting widths of 30 in. and 47 in.
- Engineered to grind asphalt and concrete surfaces to specific grades or to remove pavement imperfections and traffic markings
- High-efficiency drum-drive systems powered by variable-speed, radial-piston hydraulic motors mounted directly to the drum for optimal cutting-bit speed and maximum drum torque
- Float/tilt switch for following the grade profile or for milling to a specific bevel
- Pressure gauge indicating the planer's operating efficiency
- Wear-resistant skid plates for stability
- Self-leveling capability for consistent depth control
- Hydraulic side shift