The Carbolite furnace is used to measure the asphalt binder content of hot mix asphalt by a well-documented loss on ignition test.
- Quality control device assures the proper percentages of aggregate in mixes
- Integral scale will measure the pre/post weights as the furnace burns off various oils and tars used to hold the aggregate together
- Now offers a touch screen
- 20- to 25-minute heat-up time
- Integral afterburner so no consumable filters are necessary
- Fully compliant with various AASHTO, ASTM and BS/EN test procedures outlining the loss on ignition tests