The Link-Belt 235 X3 Spin Ace minimum swing radius excavator replaces the 225 Spin Ace model. The 235 X3 features a 160-net-hp, electronically controlled Isuzu diesel engine that LBX says will deliver 17.5% better fuel efficiency. Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) and a diesel particulate filter (DPF) combine to satisfy Tier 4 Interim emissions requirements. The Fuel Management System controls fuel consumption by lowering engine rpm during non-critical functions. The engine also incorporates a high-pressure common-rail fuel injection system and a new variable geometry turbocharger.
- Up to 15% more lift capacity and 7% faster cycle times
- 55,997- and 56,879-lb. operating weights
- Maximum dig depth of 21 ft. 10 in.
- Available in LC and Dozer models
- ROPS-certified cab with new interior and 7-in. color monitor
- Optional auxiliary hydraulic system