Heatec vertical tanks at a HMA plant. Four are asphalt tanks (ivory) and two are fuel tanks (brown). The asphalt tanks have a capacity of 20,000 gallons each. One fuel tank stores 13,000 gallons and the other stores 20,000 gallons.
- Heatec produces storage tanks for the following types of liquids: virgin asphalt, polymer modified asphalt, emulsified asphalt, additives, chemicals, fuel and water
- Tanks may be heated or unheated, insulated or uninsulated, portable or stationary, vertical or horizontal, double or single walled, etc.
- Tanks used to store polymer modified asphalt include mixers
- Capacities range up to 35,000 gallons for factory assembled tanks
- Horizontal tanks may have one or more compartments. They may be built as combination units to include other components
- They may include a hot oil heater, a fuel preheater, calibration tank, unloading pump, mixers, etc.