2013 Ram heavy duty pickups front suspension
Three-link front suspension on the Ram 3500 heavy duty pickup ensures roll stiffness, necessary for the vehicle’s higher Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) and for use with heavy front loads, including snow plows.
2013 Ram heavy duty pickups cooling package
All 2013 Ram Heavy Duty diesels get an all-new cooling system with high-efficiency fan, dual radiators, dual transmission coolers and charge air cooler, which improve heat-rejection capacity 25 percent.
2013 Ram HD available with 6.7-L Cummins - 385 hp, 850 lb.-ft. torque
2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 are available with the 6.7-liter Cummins High-Output Turbo Diesel that produces 385 hp at 2,800 rpm and best-in-class 850 lb.-ft. of torque.
2013 Ram HD Active Air intake
Diesel heavy duties get Ram Active Air intake, a system that draws cool air from the front of the vehicle when it senses extreme heat or at high altitudes. When conditions are wet from snow, ice or water-fording, the system pulls air from an underhood inlet.
2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 Uconnect
Interior upgrades accommodate the Uconnect 8.4A and 8.4AN, with built-in wireless connection allowing users to remotely lock or unlock doors or start their vehicles from any distance via the web or a smartphone application. Uconnect includes a 911 button on the rear-view mirror.
2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 bed camera
A new camera located in the center high-mounted stop light provides a view of the bed for easier connection to 5th wheel or gooseneck trailers as well as for monitoring bed loads.
Updated March 19, 2013
Ram upgraded the the towing capacity of its 2013 3500 heavy-duty pickup truck to 30,000 lb., 3.5 tons more than its closest competitor among the Big 3 pickup truck makers. Gross Combined Weight Rating (weight of the truck, trailer, and cargo) is now 37,600 lb., 7,100 lb. more than the competition. Ram claims best-in-class brake life for the new trucks. A new conventional trailer hitch system is upgraded to Class 5 with a 17,000-lb. load capability and 1,800 pounds of tongue weight for use with 2- or 2.5-in. receivers. A factory-integrated 5th wheel and gooseneck hitch mount is available.
- Three ratings from the 6.7-liter Cummins diesel with up to 385 hp and 800 lb.-ft. of torque
- Standard 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 pumps out 383 hp at 5,600 rpm and 400 lb.-ft. at 3,950 rpm
- Frame constructed of high-strength 50,000-psi steel
- Hydro-formed main rails and fully boxed rear rails for optimal strength and mass efficiency
- Hotchkiss leaf spring rear suspension on the Ram 3500 improves ride and handling while delivering more towing and payload capacity
- Industry's first four-channel electronic stability control for dual rear-wheel trucks