General Motors' first hood-to-hitch rework of its 1500 Series pickup trucks in several years delivers an all-new set of EcoTec3 engines -- the standard 4.3-liter V6 and optional 5.3-liter V8 and 6.2-liter V8 -- that the company promises will deliver more power, more torque and better efficiency. All three can run in four-cylinder mode when the engines' full power isn't needed to reduce fuel consumption.
- Segment-exclusive safety features: Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Active Safety Seat, and Front and Rear Park Assist.
- Six-speed transmission and new, stronger rear axles
- Crew-cab model offers a 6.5-foot box option in addition to 5-ft. 8-in. box
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Hill Start Assist are standard equipment
- Coefficient of drag by 5 percent over the current models
- Electric power steering improves steering feel and reduces fuel consumption
- New four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife rotors improve brake feel and extend rotor life
- Heated cloth seats with better stain resistance and longer-life foam fill
The 2014 Silverado 1500 crew cab will start production in the second quarter of 2013, with other cab styles following later in the year.
FCP Video: Check Out the Features of the 2014 Silverado