2014 GMC Sierra pickup had projection-beam headlights with LED accent lights. Tight front grille is designed for maximum cooling and better aerodynamics.
2014 GMC Sierra has inlayed doors (right) that reduce wind noise and improve aerodynamics compared to the previous design (left).
2014 GMC Sierra has steps built into the rear bumper corners, and hand-holds in the top rails for easy access to the box.
Rear doors on the 2014 GMC Sierra extended cab pickups are hinged at the front to improve access in tight parking.
The 2014 GMC Sierra pickup has an auto-locking rear differential.
General Motors says the all-new 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 full-size pickup truck is the most powerful and refined truck in the brand’s 110-year history. Sierra’s engine options were redesigned for 2014 with three all-new EcoTec3 engines – a 4.3-liter V6, a 5.3-liter V8 and a 6.2-liter V8 – with the goal of increased in power, torque and fuel efficiency across the board. The cabin is redesigned from its frame mounts up, with available next-generation IntelliLink connectivity. GM says the 2014 Sierra has the longest list of standard features ever for a full-size GMC, from connectivity solutions, to a standard tie-down system in the box, to the segment’s only standard projector beam headlamps.
- All three EcoTec3 engines have direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management, which automatically switches to four-cylinder operating mode to save fuel when power demand is low
- Six-speed transmission with “cruise grade braking,” which down-shifts the transmission on downgrades
- GM's exclusive Duralife brake rotors, with hardened and strengthened surface to reduce corrosion, are expected to last twice as long as conventional rotors
- Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning options can be paired with GMC’s first Driver Alert Seat, which vibrates to alert the driver of potential dangers such as an un-signaled lane change or approaching another vehicle too quickly
- Electric power steering allows tuning for more consistent steering feel and plenty of assist for parking
- Sierra is available with a 110-volt outlet, up to five USB ports, four 12-volt outlets and an SD card slot
- New 6-ft. 6-in. box option available on crew cab models
- Extended cabs will come exclusively with a 6-ft. 6-in. box