The Cat MD5150 Track Drill can drill holes within 24 in. of the highwall, 50% closer than with a linear rod changer. The unit's smart drill monitoring system tracks changes in rock formation and automatically adjusts impact and feed pressure based on hardness of the rock.
- Drill holes up to 6 in. in diameter and 102.5 ft. in depth
- Carousel rod changer holds six rods and accommodates multiple lengths and diameters of drill steel
- Dual-rod grippers and gate design let road and gate move simultaneously
- Heavy-duty 8-ft. boom extends to 11 ft.
- Cat C11 Engine rated at 385 hp at 1,800 rpm; meets Tier 3 and EU Stage IIA emissions standards
- Anti-jam, anti-plunge and anti-plug capabilities extend drill string life
- High-capacity dust collection system
- Automated lube system
- ROPS/FOPS-certified cab
- Features: Cat Electronic Technician, Cat Product Link
Brochure: Caterpillar MD5150 Track Drill