The Cummins Tier 4 Final QSB4.5 features Cummins Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) for higher ratings and performance levels previously associated with 6-cylinder engines. For lower ratings - down to 121 hp - VGT technology improves transient response on a fuel-efficient basis.
- 173-hp, 4-cylinder, single turbocharger, 4.5-liter engine
- VGT features one-piece sliding nozzle to precisely adjust airflow delivered to engine
- Rapid boost provided at low engine rpm; high boost maintained at higher rpm
- Rear gear train for stiffness and lower gear noise
- High Pressure Common Rail fuel system and Electronic Control Module (ECM)
- Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation and Cummins Compact Catalyst aftertreatment plus Selective Catalytic Reduction
- Peak torque: 520 lb.-ft.