Concrete-pump and conveyor manufacturer Putzmeister added ready mix trucks to its equipment portfolio, showing the first models engineered and manufactured at its Sturtevant, Wis., facility at World of Concrete 2013. Putzmeister will offer two designs of mixers, a Pro Series standard ready mix truck, and a Bridge Maxx Series with booster axle. Putzmeister's Ergonic Mix Control (EMC) balances engine speed with hydraulic pump output to achieve the optimum drum speed, reducing drum wear and saving fuel. Minimum and maximum drum speeds are programmable to batch plant preference.
- Standard 43-in. discharge opening and optional 47-in. paver discharge opening
- Drum steel is 3/16-in. thick
- Dished drum head is ¼-in.-thick, one-piece pressed AR 200 steel, 78 in. in diameter
- One-piece pressed blades have weep holes for easy cleaning
- EMC can operate in either a manual or automatic mode, but programmed interlocks ensure the mixer always operates safely and efficiently
- Bridge Maxx Series booster axle has hydraulic suspension powered by a pressure-compensating variable-displacement pump for axle-loading consistency, reduced frame stress, and safer highway travel