Updated to be compliant with Tier 4 Interim diesel emissions regulations, the DX140LC-3 and DX180LC-3 excavators use water-cooled diesel engines optimized for use with cooled exhaust gas recirculation systems, a diesel oxidation catalyst and a diesel particulate filter. The turbocharged engines feature a high-pressure common-rail design with direct fuel injection, electronic conrol and four valves per cylinder.
- Electronic fan clutch reduces fuel consumption and noise levels
- Electronic Power Optimizing System
- Four work modes: digging, breaker, shear and lifting
- Power + mode for improved performance and faster workgroup speeds for heavy-duty work
- Intelligent Floating Boom option allows boom to "float" up or down without hydraulic flow
- Internal coil spring reduces cabin vibration by 20%
- Optional diesel-powered coolant heater and straight travel pedal
- Maximum speed: 3.1 mph
- 109 hp
- Operating weight: 31,746 lbs.
- Maximum dig reach: 28 ft. 5 in.
- Maximum dig depth: 20 ft. 2 in.
- Bucket digging force: 24,471 lbs.
- Arm digging force: 13,228 lbs.
- Maximum speed: 3.2 mph
- 125 hp
- Operating weight: 40,565 lbs.
- Maximum dig reach: 29 ft. 5 in.
- Maximum dig depth: 20 ft. 1 in.
- Bucket digging force: 28,881 lbs.
- Arm digging force: 20,503 lbs.