Manufacturers are designing their tools to minimize vibration. For example, Bosch's DH1020VC SDS-max demolition hammer features an extended air cushion in the hammer mechanism and a de-coupled main handle to reduce vibrations in two locations inside the tool.
The DH1020VC 25-lb. SDS-max Demolition Hammer features a longer in-line design for improved weight distribution during horizontal and vertical demo applications. An extended air cushion in the hammer mechanism and de-coupled main handle reduce vibrations in two locations inside the tool.
- Produces 17 ft.-lbs. of impact energy
- 12-position Vario-lock allows user to rotate and lock chisel into 12 different working positions
- Variable speed dial reduces impact rate and impact energy
- Constant Response electronics offer soft start, overload protection and maintain constant motor speed under varying loads
- Service Minder light indicates need for carbon brushes to be changed
- Tool-free bit change with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer