Astec introduces “The Source," a hand-held tool that simulates most of the electrical signals coming into an asphalt plant control system.
- Simplifies plant setup and troubleshooting by providing the user with the ability to simulate components without the need to waste material
- Zero to 30 milli-volts to simulate a weigh-bridge signal
- Zero to 10 DC volt signal can emulate a MBU; also controls the speed of a variable speed drive
- 24 volt 0 – 4100 hertz pulses simulate the inputs from a tachometer or encoders; provides a tach connector that will simulate an AC pump, or a feeder
- 4 – 20 milli-amps output signals are handy for any current output field device
- Provides control signals that simulate heat controllers, current transformers, action packs and any other current sources
- Alerts user if that current circuit is open, simplifying 4 – 20 milli-amps control problems