The Western Star 4800 Twin Steer model has been a mainstay in severe-service niches of the Canadian vocational-truck market. Now a version of this truck is available to meet the unique demands of select U.S. markets, eliminating the need for aftermarket upfits. The Western Star 4800 is a factory-built and engineered twin steer truck.
- Tandem 40,000-lb. front axles are standard
- 109 in. bumper to back of cab
- Wheelbases up to 448 in.
- Detroit DD13 rated 350 to 470 hp and 1,250 to 1,650 lb.-ft. of torque
- Eaton Fuller manal or optional Allison automatic transmission
- Rear tandems: 46,000-52,000 lb., or 69,000-lb. tridem