Kenworth's new T880 features a lightweight aluminum cab that is new for Kenworth vocational trucks. First introduced on the T680 in 2012, the robotically assembled cab's stamped aluminum panels are connected by Henrob self-penetrating fasteners for durability and resistance to noise, vibration and corrosion. The T880 is available with five new, factory-installed Watson & Chalin lift axles, including a 10K offering for the first time and a 20K version with a 200-lb. weight savings. New steering gears improve feedback and increase wheelcut for greater maneuverability.
- PACCAR 12.9-liter MX-13 engine standard rated up to 500 hp and 1,850 lb.-ft. of torque
- Cummins ISX15 engine available with up to 600 hp and 2,050 lb-ft of torque
- Windshield is much larger than the T800 windshield
- Stamped aluminum door is triple-sealed and tough enough to support 400 lb.
- 5-piece composite hood for easier and faster repairs
- 116.5 in. or 122.5 in. bumper to back of cab