Ram ProMaster van's side and rear doors are sized to allow forklift loading and unloading full pallets of material.
Ram calls ProMaster's 90-in. standard roof height "best-in-class" (101 in. is available) with "the most vertically oriented side walls in the cargo van category -- nearly 90 degrees in relation to the cargo compartment floor."
Unibody structure enables Ram ProMaster's unique front-wheel-drive system that lowers step-in and load heights.
The 2014 Ram ProMaster van from Ram Commercial will be available in 1500, 2500 and 3500 Series configurations with gross combined vehicle weight ratings up to 12,500 lb. Unibody structure enables for a unique front-wheel-drive system that lowers step-in and load heights. Ram says the North-American debut of the 174-hp, 3.0-L EcoDiesel available in the ProMaster -- generating peak torque of 295 lb.-ft. at just 1,400 rpm -- will deliver best-in-class fuel efficiency. ProMaster was developed from Fiat's Ducato, more than 4.5 million of which have been sold over 30-plus years.
- Standard 280-hp 3.6-L Pentastar V6 mated to the 62TE six-speed automatic transmission
- EcoDiesel works through the M40 electronically controlled six-speed automated manual
- 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty
- Payload capacity: 5,145 lb.
- Towing capacity: 5,100 lb.
- Two roof heights available: 90 and 101 in.
- Three wheelbases available: 118, 136 and 159 in.
- Optional sliding door on the driver’s side cargo area
- All three cargo door openings are wide enough for forklift pallet loading
- ParkView backup camera and ParkSense with audible warning assist in maneuvering