The 8x8 HDi and 8x8 XTI are enclosed by a vacuum-formed sealed body with full skid plate provided as standard.
The Centaur ETV offers a cab-forward design and a multi-use payload platform in back.
Argo offers a range of quick-change attachments and tools that can be built on a standard Centaur mounting frame.
The Argo XTi 8x8 is fully amphibious. It needs no prior preparation to enter, cross and exit bodies of water fully loaded, without stopping.
The Argo trailer is built on the same body and chassis as the XTi model, ensuring that it will go anywhere the ETV can go while carrying an additional payload of up to 2,000 lbs.
Each ETV model is available with options and components to adapt the vehicle to the particular application and requirements.
2014 ARGO 8x8 Centaur with crane to support lifting and transportation of people and equipment in extreme terrain conditions
Argo’s line of extreme terrain vehicles (ETVs) includes the 8x8 HDi, HD XTI and Centaur 8x8. Each is configured to carry cargo, passengers or tools and is available with options and components to adapt them to unique requirements in the field.
- Able to safely negotiate slopes and rough ground with the mobility to climb through soft, wet and uneven terrain
- Zero turn radius and a 9-in. ground clearance
- Available with 15- or 18-in. quad tracks
8x8 HDi and 8x8 XTI models:
- Amphibious with fully sealed lower body and full skid plate
- 31-hp Kohler Aegis 750cc engines coupled to a triple-differential ADMIRAL standard or high-torque steering transmission
- HDi rated for loads of up to 1,150 lbs. and top speeds of 20 mph, with 2.1-psi standard ground pressure (1.06 psi with 18-in. rubber tracks)
- Beefier XTI offers a 1,500-lb. load capacity and speeds up to 17 mph
- 34-hp Daihatsu/Briggs & Stratton engine with Centaurmatic transmission and automotive-style steering control
- Provides speeds up to 28 mph, a load capacity up to 1,500 lbs. and a towing capacity of up to 2,000 lbs. using an auxiliary trailer
- Includes a two-person cab and is available with flatbed decks or dump box or as a multi-purpose mounting frame for add-on equipment
- Will ford streams as deep as 26 in.