The new Toro DD4045 horizontal directional drill develops 40,000 lb. of thrust and pullback, and 4,500 ft.-lb. of rotary torque. It's powered by a 160-hp Cummins QSB4.5 diesel, and has an infinitely variable drilling fluid pump on-board that delivers 70 gpm of flow.
- Open-top vice offers visibility to the tool joint for fast connections and breakouts
- Quad rack-and-pinion carriage spreads load evenly for smooth travel
- Carriage gear track is welded, not bolted, to the frame for durability
- For hard rock drilling, an air hammer can be easily integrated and controlled from the multi-function LCD display
- Operators can choose single- or dual-stick drilling controls
- Cruise control feature when back-reaming reduces operator fatigue and improves productivity
- 52 lengths of 10-ft., one-piece forged drill pipe is standard equipment