The upgraded Doosan 6.3-metric-ton DX63-3 conventional tail swing and 8.5-metric-ton DX85R-3 reduced tail swing excavators now include blade float, multi-function joysticks, color instrumentation panel, Auto-Shift drive system and standard rubber tracks. Horsepower on the DX63-3 has increased by 13.5% compared to its predecessor to 59.4, same as the DX85R-3.
- 59.4-hp, Tier 4 compliant diesel engine with high-pressure common-rail fuel injection system, diesel oxidation catalyst and diesel particulate filter
- Blade float provides versatility to smoothly grade, level or backfill
- Standard rubber track undercarriage for minimal surface disruption
- Auto-Shift travel shifts excavator out of high or low range and back automatically
- Fingertip boom swing and auxiliary hydraulic functions
- Independent boom swing control on joysticks
- Selectable auxiliary flow rates and detent mode
- Multi-language, deluxe color panel
- Upper structure shifted rearward on undercarriage
- 16.1-in. blade height (21% increase over DX60R)
- Tail swing overhang: 11.6 in.
- Dig depth: 13 ft. 6 in.
- Dig reach: 20 ft. 5 in.
- Dump height: 14 ft.
- Arm force: 5,767 ft. lbs.
- Bucket force: 9,731 ft. lbs.
- Operating weight: 13,770 lbs.
- Tail swing overhang: 5.8 in.
- Dig depth: 15 ft. 6 in.
- Dig reach: 23 ft. 11 in.
- Dump height: 16 ft. 5 in.
- Breakout force: 14,509 ft. lbs. (18% increase over predecessor)
- Arm force: 8,069 ft. lbs.
- Width: 91 in.
- 18,960-lb. operating weight