The Toro Company introduces the RT1200, built on a tool carrier chassis and allows contractors to select from tracks or tires and a variety of attachments – including a backhoe, 6-way backfill blade, rocksaw, vibratory plow, reel carrier and the Toro-exclusive Heavy-Duty (HD) trencher drive. The Toro HD trencher drive consists of three major components – a flywheel, torsion shaft, and planetary gear set.
- The flywheel stores inertial energy, ensures efficient hydraulic system operation and keeps the chain consistently running in tough digging conditions
- The torsion shaft absorbs shock loads
- The planetary gear set multiplies the hydrostatic motor torque for added digging power
- RT1200’s P105 Vibratory Plow features plow-blade attitude adjustment, as well as plow steer and swing of up to 30-degrees to maintain plowing accuracy and maneuverability
- Powered by Cummins 4.5 liter, 121 hp engine and 48 gallon (182 L) fuel tank
- Standard tilt frame tilts the machine at variable degrees to maintain trench angle