Vermeer's D220x300 Navigator directional drill generates 240,000 lb. of thrust and pullback and 30,000 ft.-lb. of rotational torque in a package that's the same width and just four feet longer than Vermeer's D100x140. Vermeer says the unit's sweet spot is 2,500- to 3,000-ft. bores, installing 16- to 24-in. pipe.
- Footprint: 27 ft. long x 8.5 ft. wide
- On-board Weatherford triplex mud pump max. capacity: 330 gpm (powers a mud motor for pilot bores in hard ground)
- Open-top sliding vise clamps the rod within a 23-in. range
- Sliding-arm rod stager can stage five rods
- Floating spline shaft on the rotation gearbox minimizes need for the operator to feather carriage during drill rod makeup and breakout
- Uses 20-ft. rod segments
- Shares the same control platform as smaller Navigator drills