Western Star announces the availability of its 4800SB all-wheel drive (AWD) model in an 8x8 axle configuration. The new configuration provides additional traction for extreme off-road conditions.
- Two-speed transfer case promotes optimal gradeability and is suited for low- and high-speed operations
- Spec’d with a 57,000-lb. tridem rear and a 23,000-lb. front axle
- Transfer case comes equipped with integral air shift controls for front axle engagement and features helical gears with constant mesh to minimize operating noise
- Available with power ratings from 350 to 470 hp and 1,250 to 1,650 lbs.-ft. of torque
- Features a short 109” BBC to provide maneuverability in tight work spaces
- Air ride suspension provides a more comfortable ride