The 562-hp Cat 836K landfill compactor offers three new wheel and tip configurations to satisfy different applications. Cat says the new Paddle Tip improves traction and reduces fuel burn with lower weight; the traditionally design Plus Tip improves side-slope stability; and the Combination Tip merges Paddle and Plus tips to boost efficiency and improve slope stability.
- Auto-Blade feature automatically raises the blade when the machine reverses and lowers the blade to a preset height when it moves forward
- STIC steering controller uses a single lever for steering and transmission control
- Cat C18 engine satisfies Tier 4 Final requirements with selective catalytic reduction (SCR), diesel particulate filter (DPF), diesel oxidation catalyst; regenerating automatically without interrupting machine work
- Standard rearview camera
- New instrument pod with membrane switch panels
- Automatic temperature control
- Interior and bystander sound levels are reduced; interior to 73 dB(A)