Bobcat has released seven medium-sized skid steer and compact track loaders with no diesel particulate filter (DPF) required to satisfy U.S. EPA Tier 4 emissions regulations. Expect a 4- to 12-percent increase in torque over a broad range of engine speeds, helping operators of all skill levels better utilize the machines’ capabilities.
Special combustion-chamber design significantly reduces exhaust particulate matter -- Bobcat calls it ultra-low particulate combustion (ULPC) -- eliminating the need for a DPF.
A machine protection system monitors, manages and shuts down the engine if needed. This system monitors engine coolant and oil temperatures and will manage engine systems to reduce the potential of these fluids reaching a point where the machine has to be shut down.
If the coolant temperature is too low, the loader's Cold Weather Protection feature will temporarily limit maximum engine speed to prevent premature component wear. Idle speed is raised slightly to help the engine reach operating temperature faster. When the engine warms up to a predetermined temperature, the protection mechanism returns the engine to default operating ranges.
- S510, S550 and T550 feature a radius lift path, while the S530, S570, S590 and T590 models have a vertical lift path
- Cab-forward design provides greater visibility to work areas
- Auxiliary hydraulic quick couplers mounted directly to the front plate of the lift arm to provide a solid mounting
- Choice between standard foot pedal hydraulic controls, Advanced Control System (ACS) or the Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC)
- Optional deluxe instrumentation panel with keyless start, 5-in. color LCD screen and easy-to-read virtual sweep gauges