Cat's 980M and 982M wheel loaders feature deep system integration for reduced emissions, improved performance and improved fuel economy. This deep system integration combined with axle and hydraulic improvements result in 10% lower fuel consumption on average compared to the 980K models.
- Tier 4 Final Cat C13 ACERT engine with combination of electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components
- Powertrains with lock-up clutch torque converters
- Planetary transmissions with split-flow oil system and multi-viscosity oil
- Mono-block main hydraulic valve with integrated ride control section to reduce weight and leak points
- Ride control system has two accumulators
- Hydraulic system protected by full flow and kidney-loop filtration
- Unlatch door remotely with flip of a ground-level switch
- Multipurpose color touch screen
- All-purpose 982M is a two-pass match for larger on-highway trucks; longer standard lift arms than 980M; 17-in. planetary transmission standard
- 386 hp
- Operating weight: 65,698 to 75,663 lbs.
- Bucket capacity: 5.5 to 15.7 cu. yd.
- Bucket pin height: 178 in. standard/186 in. high
- 392 hp
- Operating weight: 75,398 to 79,829 lbs.
- Bucket capacity: 6 to 18.3 cu. yd.
- Bucket pin height: 186 in.