The 105,271-lb. 834K is powered by a 496-net-hp Cat C18 ACERT Tier 4 Final engine using a diesel particulate filter and a selective catalytic reduction system.
- Fuel-saving features include a mechanically actuated, electronic unit-injection system, engine-idle-shutdown and engine-idle kick-down systems, delayed-engine-shutdown system and on-demand, hydraulically driven cooling fan
- 4F/3R planetary power shift transmission with Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Shifting system
- Impeller clutch torque converter (ICTC) allows rimpull adjustment from 100% to 25% to match the operating situation
- Straight, universal, semi-universal and coal blade types in capacities from 10.3 to 29.0 cu. yds.
- Completely redesigned operator station with automatic temperature control, touch-screen display with soft keypad, electro/hydraulic parking brake and the Comfort III seat with air-ride suspension and integral controls
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS 3G) with large touch-screen interface and easy-to-use navigation
- Redesigned rear-axle trunnion and lower articulation point (lower hitch)
- Standard rearview camera, repositioned access ladders, full-perimeter railings and ground-level panel housing a stairway light switch, engine-shut-down switch and lockouts for the starter and transmission