Caterpillar's K Series Small wheel loaders - the 924K, 930K and 938K - feature the Caterpillar Hystat system which is an electronically controlled hydrostatic transmission that delivers smooth, step-less power through four speed ranges and automatically adjusts tractive power at the wheels to match underfoot conditions.
- Hystat Operator Modes feature allows operators to adjust Hystat performance to suit operating conditions or individual preferences
- Control system includes default setting, Hystat Mode, TC (Torque Converter) Mode and Ice Mode; select mode via optional K-SEries Secondary Display or Cat Electronic Technician
- Hystat Mode fine tunes hydrostatic-drive system; machine will not move when placed in gear at low idle until governor pedal is depressed
- TC Mode allows hydrostatic transmission to function with the characteristics of a conventional torque-converter-equipped machine; slope-compensation feature allows machine to respond with torque-converter-like performance on uphill and downhill grades; mode modulates shifts to neutral and reduces low idle wheel torque
- Ice Mode adjusts hydrostatic response for enhanced control on near-zero-friction surfaces