The 55,000-lb. PC228USLC-10 is more compact than a conventional excavator for work in confined areas, with a rounded cab that allows it to rotate within the same reduced swing radius as the counterweight. The 158 hp, EPA Tier-4-Interim Komatsu diesel is 6.7% more powerful than its predecessor. Komatsu says new engine and hydraulic-pump control technology improves speed and productivity while lowering fuel consumption up to 4%.
- An additional 2,865 lbs. of counterweight increases lift capacity over the front and side
- Pressurized cab comes standard with high-capacity automatic heater/defroster/air conditioning
- DT-type electronic connectors seal against dirt and moisture
- Metal guard rings protect all hydraulic cylinders
- Hydraulic couplers equipped with O-rings versus conventional taper seals to help prevent leaks
- Komatsu Care provides complimentary scheduled maintenance for three years or 2,000 hours and two complimentary DPF exchanges in the first five years