Komatsu's new line of D65EX/PX/WX-18 crawler dozers are powered by a more-powerful 217-hp Komatsu SAA6D114E-6 engine. The diesel is certified to EPA Tier 4 Final exhaust standards using selective catalytic reduction (SCR) with diesel exhaust fluid along with Komatsu variable-geometry turbocharger and exhaust gas recirculation. The D65-18 has a new automatic transmission with lock-up torque converter capable of reducing fuel consumption by up to 10%.
- Automatic and manual gear shifting modes can be selected: automatic for all general dozing and manual for dozing and ripping rough ground
- Standard (EX), low ground pressure (PX) and a wide (WX) track models range in operating weight 45,500 lb. to 49,700 lb.
- D65EX and WX come with the exclusive Sigmadozer blade, which Komatsu's says increases productivity up to 15%
- Standard air suspension seat with heat
- Manually reversing fan allows for quick cleaning of the radiator
- Komatsu says its Parallel Link Undercarriage System with rotary bushings doubles undercarriage life
- Komatsu Care provides complimentary scheduled maintenance for three years or 2,000 hours and two complimentary DPF exchanges in the first five years
- Komtrax remote monitoring technology provides data such as fuel levels, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts, AdBlue/DEF levels, ambient air temperatures and pressures