Bolt offers a solution that allows all locks on a vehicle to be programmed to lock and unlock using the vehicle’s ignition key.
At the NTEA Work Truck Show STRATTEC Security Corporation displayed the growing BOLTline of locks. With BOLT technology a single ignition key can be programmed to open any number of BOLT locks, making them convenient for users with multiple security needs. BOLT locks are easily programmed the first time the ignition key is inserted into the BOLT Lock cylinder. Once the key is inserted, spring-loaded plate tumblers move, immediately coding the cylinder to that unique key. From then on, only the driver’s ignition key is needed to unlock a padlocked toolbox, unhitch a trailer or remove a spare tire.
The BOLT series includes:
- the weather-proof BOLT Coupler Pin Lock, available soon, fits couplers from 1/2-inch to 3 3/8-inch and is adjustable in increments of 1/8-inch allowing for a snug fit in any size.
- 1/2-in. Receiver Lock fits Class I and Class II hitches, while the 5/8-inch Receiver Lock is designed for vehicles with a Class III, Class IV or Class V hitch.
- Cable Locks, which are made from six-foot by 1/4-inch coiled cable, feature an automotive-grade lock shutter that keeps out weather and debris while securing recreational toys, cabinets, storage compartments and more.
- The Toolbox Latch Retro-Fit Kit, which enables a toolbox cylinder retrofit, helps protect and secure any tools needed on the road.
- The Padlock is designed to keep anything that can accept a padlock secured in any type of weather, and features a hardened steel shackle inside a crush-resistant body shell.
BOLT locks are available for many General Motors, Ford, Chrysler/Jeep, Toyota and Nissan applications.