The HB215LC-2 hybrid hydraulic excavator saves an average of 20% fuel with an equivalent reduction in CO2 emissions vs. the standard model. Its hybrid system includes an electric swing motor, power generator motor, ultra-capacitor and a 139-hp Komatsu SAA4D107E-2-A Tier 4 Interim diesel engine.
- Ultra-Capacitor provides fast energy storage and instantaneous power transmission
- Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC) allows soot removal using 100% “true passive regeneration” without the need for a diesel particulate filter
- Increased operating weight of 49,383 lbs. and abucket capacity of 1.57 cu. yds.
- Includes full-featured KOMTRAX remote monitoring technology and Auto Idle Shutdown function
- ROPS-certified cab features viscous isolation dampers and a standard higher capacity air suspension, high back seat and heat
- High-resolution 7-in. LCD color monitor allows the operator to select up to six working modes
- Comes with Komatsu CARE complimentary scheduled maintenance