Terex FD5000 CNG mixer truck
Terex FD5000 mixer with Cummins ISX12G CNG engine and frame-mounted CNG tanks
Terex introduced its first natural-gas-fueled mixer truck -- the front-discharge FD5000 “Great Lakes” -- with a new 12-liter Cummins ISX12G engine available in ratings up to 400 hp and 1450 ft. lb. of torque.
“Previous 9-liter engines available on the market didn’t provide the power or torque required for our customers and their applications,” says Dave Rinas, director of sales and marketing for Terex Construction. “The 12-liter engines deliver the required performance and a substantial fuel cost savings benefit when compared to diesel engines."
- Cummins ISX12G in ratings: 350 hp and 1,450 ft. lb., 385 hp and 1,350 ft. lb., 400 hp and 1,450 ft. lb.
- CNG engines available for all standard and federal-bridge-formula front discharge mixers, from three to seven axles
- CNG engines can also be ordered as part of the Terex glider truck program
- Two 26- x 80-in. CNG tanks providing the energy equivalent of 75 gallons of diesel
- Frame-mounting tanks with spherical bearings allows for tank size change when filling and compensates for frame flex
- Tank mounting also lowers the truck's center of gravity, and halves the number of tanks, hoses and tank safety systems
- FD5000 CNG enjoys the same design enhancements recently introduced on diesel-powered Terex “Great Lakes” trucks